Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sometimes I wonder.

I commonly am struck with the feeling that I'm not getting my fair share of trials. And what I mean by that is that I am not getting the really awful and difficult ones people around me seem to get. Don't get me wrong, I have problems and trials and such, but when I look around I can't help but notice mine seen weak in comparison.

And then I wonder. Is there something bigger? Like some awful trial that I am "saving up"? I realize it doesn't really work like that, but it still makes me a little bit nervous. I had better just enjoy the easier trials of every day life I suppose.

5 comments:

lilibet said...

YES!!!! That's exactly how I feel! I live in fear as to what is going to happen. Or maybe I'm just a lame person who can only handle the small ones I have. I'm totally ok with that.

Casey said...

I feel the same way! I was sitting at church on Sunday listening to all of the very sad testimonies and I kept worrying about what must be coming for me. Surely I'm long overdo for something awful!

Sarah said...

I've felt that way at times too. When Elder Holland came to speak to us at stake conference, he said the trials all even out.

k.e.l.l.i.e. said...

Sitting in church listening to those made me realize that mine arent so bad. But they feel BAD! They are killing me. But then I know that He doesnt give us anything that we cannot handle WITHOUT his help. Its something I have to remember.

Esther said...

Did you type this after coming over to my house?!? :)