Monday, August 25, 2008

Progress

I realized I have been reading A LOT. Here are my in depth book reviews:

1. A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl: Loved it. Excellently written. Story of her husband Danny Pearl who was the reporter kidnapped in Pakistan. A Must read.

2. Birthing From Within by Pam England: Useful, something my mom would call a "woo-woo" book. Not everyone's style, but had some good points.

3. Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine: Some funny parts, some useful parts, but sometimes missed the mark.

4. The Joy of Pregnancy by Tori Kropp: I liked it better than most pregnancy books. Seemed to do a good job of presenting "all sides" without being overly biased toward any one opinion.

5. Gentle Birth Choices by Barbara Harper: Good ideas without being overly preachy.

6. What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff: Exactly what you expect.

7. ABCs of Breastfeeding by Stacey Rubin: Silly formula for writing, but good material.

8. Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Glade Curtis: I could probably read a million books that tell me about each week, because I am weird like that. This one was good. Nothing special.

9. Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy: I confess I had seen this in several places and had wanted to read it, and when I saw it on the library shelf I felt justified in it. I laughed several times, but she is kinda an extremist. I suppose that's what makes it funny.

I've got some other books in the works too, reaching my 12 for the list will be no problem. Also I started a stinking hard puzzle that I wonder if I will ever finish.

No comments: