Thursday, February 25, 2010

What made everyone better made me worse

Or so it seems. I have long been a lover of taking pictures. I love film, I love developing film, I love prints in your hand. And then digital had to come and ruin my love of photography. That's not true, I still love it, just now I suck instead. Here are the conclusions I have come to:

1. Digital has made me lazy. Instead of thinking I have to get a shot right because each click costs money, I can take a billion and hope that one turns out.

2. From my research my digital SLR was supposed to be approximately the same as my beloved film camera. It's not. It cost twice as much and is half as good. Maybe I should get a new lens, that could help.

3. Photoshop, cropping, etc. I don't do a lot of this mainly because I'm lazy. But now everyone has beautiful pictures. [for which I am glad, I don't begrudge anyone their pretty pictures, I just miss mine] It seems like cheating for me, like I am betraying my photos [because photos have feelings and it would be rude to make them upset by changing them?]

4. I am mostly just being a whiny baby who is sad she can't take a good picture to save her life. Maybe I should find my film camera and go back. That seems like a pretty good [ugh expensive!] idea.

1 comment:

Heladitos said...

You know for the genealogy name, you could look at Aaron's family. I've been working on it, but there's still plenty more to do.