Sunday, September 23, 2012

Meal Planning. What?!

So I always intend to at least make an outline of good ideas for dinner so I don't keep feeding my family pasta every single night (the David Fox diet) but I never do.  We end up eating a lot of pasta.  With a few different sauces.  But it gets kind of boring.  Finally I decided to make some new and delicious foods.  Here is what happened (mostly for my own records):

M 27: Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing, Garlic Cheese Flatbread Amazing dressing, I have made this bread lots, super tasty.
T 28: Loaded Baked Potato Soup, French Bread Soup pretty good, not amazing.  Bread tasty.
W 29: Restaurant (Brigham City Temple Open House)
Th 30: Tacos
F 31: Cheesy Chicken Casserole I have made this several time, not great.  Not making again.
S 1: Pasta w/Pesto (Costco Pesto Sauce), Spicy Oil Dip, Sourdough The dip was not great, not a repeat.  The sourdough was not sour (can't get my starter to sour here) but was really tasty anyway.
S 2: Chili & Cornbread Loved both of these. (I used 2 big cans of crushed tomatoes instead of tomato juice, added zucchini and olives, used a few more of the veggies listed)

M 3: Leftover Chili
T 4: Pasta w/Homemade red sauce (saute some tiny pieces of garlic in olive oil, add big can of crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, tiny bit of sugar, salt & pepper, simmer for 10-20 min), leftover Sourdough.  I make this a lot.
W 5: Beef stir fry.  Tasty.  Brown Rice.  Good.  Great way to make brown rice.
Th 6: Chicken Enchiladas.  Big can of green enchilada sauce + can of green chilies + some sour cream poured over tortillas filled with chicken & cheese.  Super tasty.
F 7: BBQ Ribs & Corn (Aaron) FAVORITE! The only thing better than Aaron's ribs is nothing.
S 8: Greek food: Tzatziki (greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, lemon juice, salt, needed dill!), Greek Salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta, black olives, olive oil, salt), Toum (the best most garlicky ever!), Garlic Cheese Flatbread.  I love Greek Food Day.  I probably smelled like garlic for a week after.
S 9: Hamburgers & Chips

M 10: Baked Potato Soup (from first batch put in freezer), Rolls (basic recipe)
T 11: Garlic Lime Chicken (cut slits into chicken, insert big pieces of garlic, cover in lime juice, salt & pepper) & Brown Rice, Garlic Bread (Costco)  We eat a version of this fairly often.  Sometimes with lemon.
W 12: Pasta w/Brown Butter and Myzithra Cheese (like Spaghetti Factory) So good.  We eat this a lot.
Th 13: Pork Roast (marinated in stuff from the cupboard: worcestershire, steak seasoning, balsamic vinaigrette) & Crash Hot Potatoes, Roast was pretty tasty, I needed to boil the potatoes for longer but they were super good, especially the crispy skins.
F 14: BBQ Ribs.  I invited friends and therefore made Aaron make them again.  So tasty.  I love them.
S 15: Grilled Chicken (marinated in lemon, garlic powder, s&p), Jama's Baby Arugula Salad (baby arugula, orange pepper, halved tiny tomatoes, avocado, balsamic vinaigrette)  Really tasty.
S 16: Leftovers: Salad, grilled chicken

M 17: Lasagna (recipe from my mom), Garlic Bread from Costco.  Delicious.
T 18: Grilled Brushetta Chicken, Baked Potatoes.  I cheated and baked this, because a charcoal BBQ is too much work some days.  Also I marinated it in only Balsamic Vinaigrette for a few hours, not their dressing.  Definite repeat.  Tasty.  Aaron proclaimed it fancy too.
W 19: Leftover GBC & Lasagna
Th 20: Salad with Balsamic Dressing, Pizza Factory Breadsticks These are unbelievable.
F 21: Restaurant.  Cafe Rio.  Delicious times one million.
S 22: Leftovers. So exciting!
S 23: Salad w/balsamic dressing, mashed potatoes.  This was supposed to be Alfredo sauce night, but I wanted mashed potatoes (that Aaron made and were delicious) and we had salad stuffs.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is awesome! Sometimes thinking of what to make is harder than actually making it. :-D

lilibet said...

When are you moving back up here and making me dinner? :) It looks wonderful!